The African American Leadership Development Program (AALDP) increases the number and broadens the participation of African Americans in leadership roles in the community.
Since 1992, United Way's African American Leadership Development Program has been positively impacting our community and strengthening Rochester's workforce.
AALDP is a unique development program that identifies, trains, and promotes the placement of African Americans in policy-making positions at community organizations in the region.
- Four day virtual training
- Encourages community awareness, leadership and networking in the African American community
- Curriculum topics include communication, leadership, decision-making, conflict resolution and board membership responsibilities
-AALDP Graduate Dr. Taj Smith, Rochester Institute of Technology
2021 PROGRAM DETAILS
Virtual Program Schedule
1/2 Day Orientation TBD
Virtual Program Session Dates
September 14 - 17, 2021
Leadership Development Program 1/2 Day Networking Opportunity in October
Graduation Ceremony in November
- Program participation fee is $399 per individual (class size is limited)
- Participants will get the opportunity to participate on a board, committee, association, or community project for a least one year or one term after graduation.
- Participants who attend all sessions will receive a certificate of completion.
LEARN MORE ABOUT AALDP
See the 2019 AALDP Class
STAY IN TOUCH
Join the AALDP Facebook Group here.
HAVE QUESTIONS? WE ARE HERE TO HELP!
If you have any questions or need any additional information, please contact Rodney Young at (585) 242-6556 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
AALDP alumni believe that our growth and development as a community depends upon our ability to educate our youth and prepare them for positions of leadership. Collectively we will provide local youth with scholarships for higher education costs through our partners at Urban League of Rochester. Click here to join AALDP alumni by supporting our scholarship fund.
A SPECIAL THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSOR
MANY THANKS TO THE VOLUNTEER LEADERSHIP OF THE AALDP STEERING COMMITTEE
Dr. Christine Brown-Richards, Co-Chair
Wayne Finger-Lakes BOCES
Danette Campbell-Bell, Co-Chair
Coordinated Care Services, Inc.
City of Rochester
University of Rochester
United Way of Greater Rochester and the Finger Lakes