UNITED WAY CELEBRATES $35.8 MILLION RAISED FOR THE COMMUNITY AND THE LAUNCH OF 2023 CAMPAIGN
On February 2 at six kickoff events throughout our region, United Way of Greater Rochester and the Finger Lakes announced the launch of its 105th Annual Campaign, Better United. Jim Reed, President and CEO of Excellus BlueCross BlueShield, was also introduced as the 2023 Campaign Chair.
Frank Hamlin III, the 2022 Campaign Chair and CEO of Canandaigua National Bank, announced that the 2022 Make Way for Good campaign raised $17.9 million, combined with additional United Way grants and initiatives for a grand total of $35.8 million for the community.
“Giving back to our community is who we are and who we have always been,” said Frank Hamlin III. “We are proud to announce 2022 set a record at Canandaigua National Bank & Trust for giving thanks to our United Way partnership.”
The $35.8 million raised for the community in 2022 includes:
• Community Initiatives and Other Giving: Project Uplift, First 1,000 Days, ROC Family Teleconnect, Monroe County Aging Alliance, TogetherNow, and RMAPI -- $16.8 million
• Direct nonprofit support through donor designation and ROC the Day -- $7.1 million
• After school programming, summer learning, and mentoring -- $3.9 million
• Basic needs programs (food, housing and emergency services) -- $3.6 million
• Older adult services -- $1.8 million
• Home visitation -- $1.2 million
• Job readiness and credit counseling -- $726,000
• Child and elder abuse, and intimate partner violence support -- $335,000
The 2023 United Way Campaign will focus on the impact we make when we come together as a better united community.
“Now, more than ever, we must come together as a community and tackle some of the issues and health care challenges made worse by the pandemic,” said Jim Reed. “By supporting the community together, the impact is far greater, benefiting everybody.”
For the 2023 campaign, all new and increased donations to United Way’s Community Impact Fund will be matched, dollar for dollar, up to a total of $100,000, thanks to the Excellus BlueCross BlueShield Challenge Grant.
Interested in supporting the 2023 United Way Annual Campaign, and helping us reach our $18 million goal?
Give today, or learn more about how you can start a workplace campaign at your organization.